There are particular spices,flavours or aromas that are authentic to any given region across the globe. With a Caribbean heritage, I’m quite accustomed to having most dishes packed with flavour and curry is certainly one of those spices that stands out. When I was growing up, my dad curried everything!!…eggplant, string beans, pumpkin you name it. According to Organic Facts, “curry has a number of valuable health benefits, including the prevention of cancer, protection against heart disease, reduce Alzheimer’s disease symptoms, ease pain and inflammation, boost bone health, protect the immune system from bacterial infections, and increase the liver’s ability to remove toxins from the body.” There are countless of research articles that will point to the same health benefits. I think dad was definitely on to something! For a healthier you, curry plants, not chicken.
- 1 Cauliflower
- 2 cups string beans
- 2-3 carrot (chopped)
- 2-3 medium sized potatoes
- Approx. 3 teaspoons curry powder (season to taste)
- 1- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 7.salt/pepper (season to taste)
- 1 onion (chopped)
1. Cube the carrots and potato and boil till soft.
2. In a pan, steam the beans, onions, and cauliflower with 1/2 a cup of water till tender.
3. Add sprinkles of seasonings.
4. Drain the carrots and potato and add to the cauliflower mix.
5. Let it all stew for about 15 minutes
Add your personal favourite side dish. Quinoa and a light side salad are shown in this photo
By Melissa Smith for ReVitahealth
Follow me on instagram @eat2liveplantbased for more whole foods plant based meal ideas